Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Weekend @ Silver Lake

I managed to escape to one of my families favorite camping spots last weekend. Silver Lake, located South-West of Lake Tahoe and at 7,200', has been part of our family since the mid 40s. Click on the photos for larger versions.

Brother Pat trying to outsmart the locals. As the saying goes; "the fishing was great, the catching not so much". Still better than working and we didn't have to clean a mess of fish.

An awesome Sierra sunset, looking West, down the canyon and then back to see Thunder Mountain lit up by the setting sun.


 The crystal clear water, cool clean mountain air and just being out there with nature can be as healing as any spa in the world. I clearly need to do this more often.

3 comments:

  1. I feel calmer already, just having looked at the pictures. Beautiful scenery! It has been a long time since I have been to the mountains or been camping, and I find myself longing to go. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some truly beautiful photos! It looks quite peaceful there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Scott & Laura. I've been fortunate to have a place like this to go to for some great R&R.

    ReplyDelete